I have been curious about Taytay Palawan ever since. From the map I can see that it also has many islands. When going to El Nido you would always stop by the bus terminal at Taytay. Since El Nido now is very very crowded, I was looking for an alternative. And I think Taytay is a very good alternative.
How Many Days Should I Allot?
- If you just want to visit the town and the historical fort, you can just spend a day trip for this.
- If you want to relax and stay overnight at this place, then spend 1 night at least.
- If you want to do island hopping tour, then spend 2 nights at least.
- If you want to do other activities as offered by the lodging, then stay more than 2 nights.
Going To Taytay Palawan
- From Airport, ride a tricycle outside the airport gate. Drop at the intersection, front of Provincial Capitol. Fare = P8.
- From the intersection front of Capitol, ride multicab bound to San Jose. Drop at the Bus Terminal. Fare = P13.
- From Puerto Princesa Bayan, ride multicab bound to San Jose. Drop at the Bus Terminal. Fare = P13.
- From San Jose Bus Terminal, ride bus or van bound for El Nido. Drop at Taytay. Fare: AC Bus = P370, Non-AC Bus = P224. Travel Time = 5 hours. Bus stops at Roxas Bus Terminal.
- From El Nido, ride bus or van bound for Puerto Princesa. Drop at Taytay.
- From Taytay Bus Terminal, ride tricycle outside the terminal. Drop at Taytay Poblacion or to your planned lodging place. Fare = P15.
Where I Stayed?
- I stayed at Casa Rosa. Fan Room = P700 for 2 person. Fan Cottage = P1400 for 2 person
- Note that electricity is from 5pm to 5am.
- No TV. Free Wifi. Private Toilet & Bath.
Tour We Availed
- DIY: Walking around town. Visiting Fort Sta Isabelle (Entrance Fee = P30/person).
- From Casa Rosa: Boat Rent & Food for Island Hopping. Spots to visit: 1) Elephant Island, 2) Dinamayan Island. Cost = P3500 for 2 person.
- I will visit Noa Noa Island & Isla Blanca.
My Opinion About The Place:
- Taytay reminds me of the old Coron Palawan I used to know. The town is not crowded. The town does not have a beach front, but it does have beach side. You must take a boat in order to visit a tour spot.
- The island spots here are farther, unlike Coron which has a Coron Island that is 30 minutes away from town. Here, the nearest island spot is around 1 hour away.
- Elephant island is visited due to its small secret lagoon. Compared to Coron, Coron has more and bigger lagoons.
- Dinamayan Island have white sands you can relax and enjoy. It also have very good coral formation in front of it. This island is comparable to Banana Island in Coron.
- All in all, I would recommend this place to those who are looking for a less crowded place. This is an alternative to the very crowded El Nido.
- And given a group where I can join or organize, I am looking forward for a visit to Isla Blanca or Noa Noa Island.
Disclaimer: The information gathered here were based on the prices and current situation on this date August 2013.
Island Hopping Map
Snorkeling At Dinamayan Island
Going to the Secret Lagoon At Elephant Island
The beach at Dinamayan Island
At Taytay Town